- Publicly audited no logging policy
- Speedy live chat support
- Unblocks Netflix, iPlayer, more
- Low prices on the two-year plan
- Below average speeds
- Some Windows kill switch issues
- Support website articles lack detail
- No Bitcoin support
VyprVPN is a popular VPN service created by Switzerland-based Golden Frog. This VPN has worked hard to establish itself as a trusted provider and advocate of internet privacy.
The provider has also been taking steps to improve its reliability, security, and quality of service based on customer requests. However, does VyprVPN really make the cut? Here’s a preview: when it comes to privacy, geoblocking, and price, VyprVPN makes the cut. It can unblock Netflix, BBC iPlayer and Hulu, but where it falters is speed.
Pricing and Plans
Price starts at 2.5 $ / month
VyprVPN has a standard and premium tier, and you can choose to pay monthly, yearly, or bi-yearly. VyprVPN also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the service, and you can pay using a credit card, PayPal, or Alipay.
Bitcoin and other anonymous payment methods are not currently accepted.
Pros and cons
- Excellent speeds
- Expansive server network
- Unblocks Netflix and other sites
- Connect 5 devices simultaneously
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Works in China
- Kill switch is Windows-only
- No IPv6 or WebRTC leak protection
- Only accepts credit cards
- High price tag
- Apps for all major platforms
- Fast speeds with 700+ servers in over 70 locations
- Bypasses the great firewall of China
- Unblocks US Netflix
- Unlimited bandwidth and server switching
- Up to five simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
In the past, we have had complaints about VyprVPN’s lack of live chat service and slow response times. However, we were pleased with the improvements that VyprVPN has made to their customer service.
You can now contact support through an email request form or their 24/7 live chat service. We had positive experiences with the VyprVPN customer support team on both platforms. Our email request through the website was answered within 20 minutes, and we got a response from the live chat service within several minutes. Both methods are responsive, polite, and helpful.
The VyprVPN website also provides some great resources to help with common issues. You can find an FAQ page, troubleshooting guides, set up tutorials, and some general information about VPNs and online privacy.
VyprVPN Review Conclusion
VyprVPN isn’t the cheapest, or the fastest, or the most powerful VPN. But it’s better than many, and there’s plenty more to like here, from the wide platform support, to reliable website unblocking, and a detailed no-logging public audit which suggests this is a VPN you can actually trust.Get Started